Eat: Korean food
Venue: Ubi 33 Food House, #01-08 Vertex, Ubi Avenue 3, Singapore 408868 (behind the bicycle shop)
地点：乌美33食阁，Vertex大厦 #01-08，乌美3道，新加坡邮区408868 （脚车店后面）
Imagine having to accommodate short lunch time, craving for yummy food, long queue, reasonable price and proximity, what is there to eat for lunch on a work day and where?
Look no further than the Korean food stall at Ubi 33 Food House! I cannot tell you what’s their hot favourite, because it seems to me that every item they offer is equally popular.
To a non-Korean like me, I don’t know if their Korean food are authentic, but I really enjoy their food, which is just a tad behind mum’s cooking. Despite the long queue and time is needed to cook every order on the spot, I must applaud their preparation and systematic work flow. Food are usually served in a jiffy and the lady at the front is superb. She is the order taker, the cashier and the food server.
Here are three fantastic choices that I am never tired of, the vegetarian/meatless option of course:
1. Bibimbap without meat (steamed rice topped with mixed vegetables and a sunny side up). The usual price is 5.50 Singapore Dollars (SGD), I pay SGD5.00 for meatless option. The greens and vegetables are fresh, the mushroom slices are succulent and the sauce is to my liking.
1. 拌饭 – 5.50新元，我的素食版他们只收我5新元。上面的蔬菜够新鲜，香菇多汁可口，还有那个拌酱很合我的口味。棒极了！
2. Bean paste soup with a bowl of steamed rice – SGD4.50. If you opt out of having the rice, it’s SGD4.00. This is originally meatless, I love its bean paste taste and the slippery rice vermicelli. Mix some rice into the soup and it’s Korean style! I learnt it from Korean dramas!
2. 豆酱汤 – 4.50新元。如果不要白饭，就是4新元。这一道本来就无荤，我好喜欢豆酱汤的香味和滑溜溜的冬粉。再拌入一些白饭就十足是韩国吃法了，我看韩剧学的！
3. Kimchi fried rice – SGD4.50. This is prepared and served on a hotplate. What attracts me is the kimchi-ish taste of the fried rice spread over a bed of shredded cabbage. You know, just the right kind of sourish and spicy taste.
3. 泡菜炒饭 – 4.50新元。泡菜炒饭是在铁板上准备，在铁板上吃，热呼呼，热辣辣的。它最吸引我的是它那恰到好处的泡菜酸辣味，还有炒饭下面铺满了包菜丝。