Buying from local publishers has always been my priority, although my reading habit has been fine-tuned to include only history-related or art-related books.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of Singaporean publishers/independent bookshops, and some information on their upcoming or ongoing sale & offers. Please feel free to add to the list by commenting below this post.
Happy shopping. Happy Reading. Happy books-giving (old or new).
- NUS Press Singapore – online store, sale ends 31st December 2015.
2. Ethos Books Singapore – online store, sale ends 25th December 2015. Use discount code at check-out: HOHOHO
Otherwise, you may like to make use of their Offer of 25% off your total purchase by claiming it from their Facebook page. The Offer expires on 1st January 2016, and it’s available online and in store.
Go to their Facebook page –> scroll down their news feed to a post dated 1st December (see image below) –> click on the “25% off” in blue –> follow the instructions to claim.
4. Grassroots Book Room 草根书室 – no known sale at the moment. Then again, it’s always a joy to pay them a visit, it is a beautiful bookstore, with a cosy cafe. 25 Bukit Pasoh Road, Singapore 089839.
Shing Lee has a humble beginning as a small bookshop along Chin Swee Road in Chinatown in the 1930s, serving the neighbourhood with Chinese comic books, and stationery.
6. Epigram Books – we just missed their Pop-Up Store that happened last weekend! But hey, they are the publisher of The Art of Charlie Chan Hock Chye, and the Sherlock Sam series, and……, and……
7. BooksActually – their publishing arm is Math Paper Press – we just missed their online sale last weekend! However, students get 15% off all book purchases, from now till end 2015. Show your student pass or show up in your school uniform.
Oldies, don’t even think of digging out your old uniform to give it a try. To be able to still fit into your school uniform is nothing to be proud of, it merely means you haven’t prospered all these years.